With Mother’s Day around the corner, a little pampering is in order for the invaluable and tireless work of a Mom. And what better way to celebrate Mom than with a homemade trim and terrific brunch menu and a surprise skin care treatment. No matter the occasion, spring brings delightful warmer weather and colorful blooms, making mouth-watering brunch recipes ideal for these beautiful days and long lazy weekend mornings.
My Mexican Breakfast Bake from KITCHEN 101 cookbook is the perfect blend of savory brunch flavors. I love to make this dish ahead of time, mixing the ingredients together the night before to quickly and easily pop in the oven when you wake up! Kids can even get in on the action, helping to whisk together the eggs and seasonings. Look for turkey sausage in the grocery to save on calories, fat, and saturated fat. I also use reduced-fat cheese because I cannot taste the difference, saving you saturated fat.
If you’re from the south, a brunch menu must include grits. If you’ve never had grits, these creamy, cheesy Cheese Grits are melt in your mouth delicious. Fast to make and the mellow flavor complements the well-seasoned breakfast casserole for the perfect menu addition.
Just wait until you try my personal favorite morning treat, Quick Lemon Blueberry Bread. Bisquick keeps the recipe fast to make, reduced fat cream cheese give it richness and blueberries give you a good dose of good-for-you antioxidants.
For the grand finale and the best Mother’s Day gift, whip up my organic Margarita Body Scrub or my Brown Sugar Scrub so later Mom can buff off her skin to softness. Made with two ingredients put in a jar for that special gift. Brunch is my favorite meal of the day and I have easy healthy brunch recipes!
Terrific Brunch Tips
- Pick up pre-made fruit trays.
- Serve smoothies in small glasses on a tray or platter as a starter.
- Wrap forks in cloth or paper napkins and tie with ribbon ahead of time. One convenience of a brunch menu is that a fork is often the only utensil your guests will need!
- Make ahead recipes are the best: Breakfast casserole assembled the night before and quick breads.
- Have a variety of juices and coffee creamers to quench your guests’ thirst.
- Amp up the coffee bar with extra touches such as flavored creamers, cinnamon, sugar cubes, whipped topping and chocolate morsels.